Agricultural Entrepreneurship Initative
The Agricultural Entrepreneurship Initiative was founded in 2005 to create the foremost program for training and developing high growth agricultural entrepreneurs in the world. We build on a rich history of entrepreneurship at ISU. More than twenty percent of graduates of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Iowa State University have created at least one business. Agricultural entrepreneurs from Iowa State University have been responsible for innovation, invention, and business creation in important sectors of agriculture and the food industry ranging from agricultural equipment, GPS, agricultural chemicals, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, food products, software, and electronic commerce.
The Agricultural Entrepreneurship Initiative’s mission is to reach students and faculty in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences with entrepreneurship content, speakers, courses and programs. Please let us know if we can help you. Examples of our work with faculty include:
- Placement of speakers in the classroom.
- Development of classroom content related to entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Faculty development resources related to entrepreneurship.
- Connection with students developing entrepreneurial enterprises.
- Connection of entrepreneurial faculty to other entrepreneurs, investors, and organizations relevant to business development.
Please let us know how we can help you be successful in your efforts related to entrepreneurship.
Kevin Kimle and Stacey Noe
109 Curtiss Hall
Ames, IA 50011
Find us on the web at: www.entrepreneurship.ag.iastate.edu